Design

June 7, 2010

Happy 17 Months

Dear Charlotte,

A few weeks ago you reached another milestone - you turned 17 months and I still can't believe it!!! My little NICU, premie baby has turned 17 months. You are saying more words than ever and making sentences out of your words. My favorite sentence is
"I wove (love) momma" I makes my heart melt especially since you say it when I least expect it. I love when you put your head on my shoulder and tuck your arm under your little hand in between your chest and mine. Putting you to bed every night is such a wonderful experience. I love reading our stories, rocking and singing our bedtime song while you take your little feet and rub them back and forth as you drift off to sleep something you have done since you were only a few months old. I still check on you every night before I go to bed and sometime I still get choked up watching you sleep thinking back to those first few days when you were all alone in the incubator bed growing strong so you could come home. I rest my hand on your chest feeling the rhythmic rise and fall of your chest as your sleep soundly. Everyday you are teaching me new things about being a mom and I'm growing with you everyday.

I love you so much my little bug!

Love always,
Mom

2 comments:

MamaEm said...

What a beautiful letter :) Can't wait to get a hold of you and catch up, Momma! Maybe I'll even get to talk to Charlotte, too!

Alison said...

Thanks Em : ) You are my inspiration