Design

April 24, 2010

Happy 16 Months

Dear Charlotte,

My dearest friend Em Nevius started writing monthly notes to her daughter Tye to celebrate milestones each month. I loved the idea and wanted to write you a quick happy 16 months note (actual 16 month birthday was yesterday) to tell you how much you are loved.

I can't believe that a year ago you were only 4 months old and your life after the NICU was still very fresh in my mind. A year later the NICU experience will still haunting has quietly made its way to the back of my mind instead of being front and center. You are a delight and a joy to watch grow and explore the world each and everyday. I love playing with you in the morning, watching you learn to feed yourself cereal and yogurt and reading to you bedtime stories at night. Each day now you are saying new words and slowing you are learning to form sentences - simply amazing. Today you said "door", "tree", "mama's shoe" and my favorite "I see car" I would have to say that "I see" is your first sentence of sorts. Life with you is a blessing and our moments together I will cherish for a lifetime. My favorite moment today was when you asked me to pick you up "up up" you said and then you wrapped your arms around me and rested your head of my shoulder saying "mama mama" followed by a hug. I love you my Charlotte.

Love,
Mom

No comments: